Sunday, June 10, 2007

My Cat Can See Demons



If you've never seen The Devil and Daniel Johnston, you should. Daniel Johnston has had a crazy life and just learning about it and listening to his music has changed mine.

The sun makes me happy.

Everyone is weak, that's a given.

Oh, a dog story: my wife Jessica, her friend Anna, and I were walking on Thayer street. There was a huge black lab dog sitting in the shade next to a gray house. I walked over to see if he'd let me pet him. There was a large bone, like a thigh of a cow, lying on the ground next to him. He stared at me as my hand came closer to his face. I imagined him biting me, but in the end, he just sat there like a basket full of dolls. Jessica and Anna walked over and we gave him a good pet.

I don't know if it was Anna's skirt, or just her aura of kindness, but something got the dog excited and he went for an excavation under Anna's skirt. She gasped a little and bent over so fast that her glasses fell off. The dog quickly snatched up the glasses in his mouth and wouldn't let them go. We pleaded with him to let go, but he resisted. We could hear the sound of his teeth sliding against the lenses.

After another moment, I was able to talk him out of it, and he eventually eased up and let me have them. I handed them to Anna and she wiped off the drool.

That was fun, I miss dogs.

No comments: