Tuesday, July 8, 2008

What's Next?


I'm exhausted. I wonder what's next.

The weather has been great. The other day I saw a cypress tree, which is unusual up here. Being a cypress in the northwest probably isn't easy.

I feel like a cypress in California that is trying to escape to Seattle to hide under clouds.

I am here. I'm just not a cypress.

What am I doing? I guess I forgot.

I was always the kid who ran home as soon as school was out.

And always tried to do the alternative assignments.

[I lost a little bit of soul this year. ]--revision: I felt like I lost some soul, but actually hadn't. (8-7-08)

2 comments:

JD said...

Jese dude, that's kind of depressing. Do you really feel like you lost some soul?

tom deslongchamp said...

well, maybe I haven't lost soul, but some of it's hidden.